Saving Money on Travel Part 6 - Create a Travel Kit

Category: ,



I love to travel. but it seems like on every trip my family makes an emergency dash to the drugstore for some type of medicine from Aspirin or motion sickness medicine to cold medicine. Let us face it travel can be stressful and stress can make us more prone to illness.

During a previous trip, my husband ran to the local store to buy a variety of medicine and even the generic brands can really add up and cut into your travel budget. Since I had stockpiled a closet full of various medication at home, I decided that for future trips I would put together a travel kit with a few items from various medications and first aid items. I used a retired cosmetic bag to store my kit. Each kit that you design will look a little differently, but here are a few examples of what I included:
  • Cold Medicine
  • Cough drops
  • Motion sickness medicine
  • Portable Pepto
  • Allergy medication
  • Aspirin
  • Ibuprofen
  • Acetaminophen
  • Band aids
  • Neosporin
  • Lip Balm
  • Zantac
  • Benadryl (for a food allergy discovered on a previous trip)
I will continue adding items to my kit and rotate any expired medication, but I will keep my kit assembled and ready to throw in my suitcase for my next trip.

Be sure to share any of your ideas for saving money on travel by leaving a comment.

Catch up on my Saving Money on Travel series.


Comments (0)

Post a Comment